Search

Hotels in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Paris

Hi! My husband and I will be travelling to Paris in October. I've narrowed it down to a few hotels, but it's hard to choose based on just the descriptions online! Can anyone recommend (or not recommend!) any of these hotels?
Elysees Union Hotel
Hotel Glasgow Paris, France
Astor Saint-Honoré
Hotel Bellevue et du Chariot D'or
We're looking for something close to a metro station, nice but not too pricey (I know, isn't everyone?!)
Any other recommendations are great too! THANK YOU!!!

Mara
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:34 AM
ira

Hi M,

>We're looking for something close to a metro station, nice but not too pricey ..

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 124E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://tinyurl.com/rh6jw

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 11:38 AM

Can you please specify a price range b/c some of those hotels are &quot;too pricey&quot; for <i>me</i>..
Astor St Honore is 270&euro; and up...
Hotel Glasgow is at the northern edge of Paris, not very central...
Bellevue/Chariot d'Or is a 2** budget hotel, vastly different than the Astor St Honore (4****)...
so it's a bit confusing as to what you want in a hotel.

Since you said 'not too pricey', I'll offer up:

Hotel Louvre Forum ** (1st arr)
www.paris-hotel-louvre-forum.com/

Hotel Michelet Odeon ** (6th arr)
http://www.hotelmicheletodeon.com/

Hotel Madeleine Opera ** (8th arr)
http://www.hotel-madeleine-opera.com/

If you want something more upscale, please say so...

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Hi! We're looking to spend somewhere in the $100-$150/night range. I found a good deal online for the Astor Saint-Honore, which is why we were considering it. I read somewhere that a 3 star hotel is a good choice. Thanks for your help!

Mara
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 01:39 PM

Ira; Help! Your link for photos wouldn't work.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 03:06 PM

Hi Mara, we stayed at the Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in May for 95 euros a night. Got a big room with 2 double beds and the location is hard to beat. It's in the Marais, just a couple blocks from the St. Paul metro stop. It's a very good 2-star place with an english speaking desk staff. We were treated well and will stay there again. Book asap though.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:31 PM

I had never heard of the Glasgow, but it isn't on the northern edge of Paris, it's in the 17th , not too far from Square des Batignolles. I like some neighborhoods up that way (not familiar with that particular street), but still, I wouldn't recommend you stay there as a newcomer to Paris, so forget that one. It isn't very near a metro station, anyway, so it wouldn't be suitable. I also wouldn't choose the Bellevue which is sort of in-between the Sentier and Arts et Metiers areas. It's not as inconvenient as the Glasgow, but a weird choice for location, I think. It's okay but not what most first-timers would prefer, I'd say.

The Elysees Union is in the 16th in an area I'm not that familiar with, but is around Boissiere metro stop, and that's a nice neighborhood. I've been up that street once, it's nice, and that's a pretty convenient location for metro and bus. The Astor is near St Augustin metro in the 6th, I guess, which is a nice neighborhood, also. It is close to metro.

I guess if you can get a 4* hotel for a real cheap rate, sounds nice. I personally would choose the Elysees or Astor from that list, as I commented. I think you might want something more central or less quiet, who knows -- like Ira's suggestion if you do want a budget hotel. But if the Bellevue is a 2*, then you are considering that.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM

Of course, I do realize it may be late to get exactly what you want in Paris for October, which is a very busy hotel season, and some of these ideas are probably not going to be available (like maybe Bonaparte, but who knows). It's not a glamorous hotel, though, so may not be as &quot;nice&quot; as you want.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:30 PM

I know the Glasgow is in the 17th, and I think a newcomer might think it's on the northern 'edge' of Paris (ok, northwestern edge) as much as they would think rue d'Alesia is on the southern edge. It's about a block off blvd Pereire sud... anyway, it gets mixed reviews on TA.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for everyone's help! We ended up booking at the Astor Saint Honore Hotel, simply because when all was said and done it was a whopping $68 more (for the entire week) to stay there then the 3 stars! Thanks again...I'm sure I'll have more questions as we get closer to travelling!
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:12 AM

Hi

Glad to hear that you have decided on the hotel...now you can just look forward to the trip My wife and I went to paris in April and I have posted a trip report with pictures and links on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/Paris_France.htm . Maybe you can find some useful info there. Get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:55 AM

It looks like a very nice hotel. You should read the Tripadvisor comments and get some good tips about restaurants, nearest Monoprix (grocery-dept store), etc.

http://www.astorsainthonore.com/
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:28 AM

I highly recommend the Astor Saint-Honore. Check their website for specials--we just stayed there Saturday night for 170 Euros (yes, breakfast was included and the room was small compared to the room we usually stay at there, but for a quick night, it was fine).

We've stayed now at the Astor Saint-Honore for at least 7-8 times since 1998. It has changed hands several times, but the rooms are clean, chic, and bright. The location is a few blocks in one direction to Place de la Madeleine (Metro stop) or Saint Agustin. The concierge is very helpful and pleasant. The restaurant has gone down a little since Eric Cerf (sp?) left.