carnet tickets at CDG?

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carnet tickets at CDG?

can i buy a carnet at the CDG in Paris and then use one of those tickets on the roissybus ?
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM

Yes you can buy it, no you can't use it on the Roissybus, that costs 8.50 Euros.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM

NO, the RoissyBus isn't part of the Paris metro system, you have to pay separately for that. But yes, you can byu a carnet at CDG.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM

You can use them on the N° 350 bus http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...pdf=350&fm=pdf

or on the N° 351 bus http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...pdf=351&fm=pdf
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

hmm cuz i read in a book those tickets could be used for metros and some bus lines including the roissy....and that bus goes to the 8 line connection from the airport whereas the metros from the airport do not....
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM

You can use certain passes on the Roissybus and then on the metros within Paris. It has to be a pass covering zones 1-5.

A regular metro/bus ticket that comes in the carnet (usually just zones 1-2) is good for inner Paris. CDG airport is miles outside of Paris so those tickets don't cover that distance (zone 5).

You -can- buy a carnet of tickets for zones 1-5 but that would be a waste of money unless you were going back and forth numerous times to the airport. The Paris metro is in zones 1-2, that's all you need to buy to do your sightseeing.

The Roissybus does let passengers off by Opera Garnier, and the Metro Line 8 does have a station there - are you traveling to a hotel in the 7th arr, near Ecole Militaire or something..?

I hope this helps clear it up for you. If not, maybe you can type in exactly what the book said so we can understand it better..
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

ok heres the whole ordeal....my hotel is the Best Western Le Saint Maurice Paris Porte De Bercy
12 Rue Du Marechal Leclerc, Saint Maurice, 94410
near metro stops Charenton Ecole, and Maison Alfort Ecole Veterinaire. the map i found from the CDG has the roissy connecting to the 8 in town which would get me to my hotel in zone 3 or 4 (havent exactly pinpointed it) and isnt versailles and CDG in zone 5? so i will be arriving there the morning of march 10 (saturday) and leaving on the 18 (sunday) so i was planning on getting the carte orange for zones 1-5 for the most of that week and then just using the carnet the first two days. and i was thinkin of just riding the bus into town since its cheaper then the shuttle services etc.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

oh and one more question will a school picture do for the carte orange photo we need? or do they need a clear background head shot like on a passport? thanks so much for all your help!
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM

How old are you? If you're under 26, you qualify for a Ticket Jeunes - 3 zones for €3,20 a Saturday or Sunday. Not good for airport transfers.

Here's that map:

http://www32.ratp.info/Proxi/proxi.p...=1170468612728

The Ecole Veterinaire station is in Zone 3, but the previous one up the line, Charenton, is in Zone 2. So you have the option of walking a little further to save some € by buying a Carte Orange for 2 zones plus single tickets to and from the airport. Unless you commute to a further zone, a Zone 1-5 is a waste of money. Buy single tickets to Versailles, too.

Tickets 't' are valid for the entire Métro network (regardless of zone), so your first two days you can use them to get to Charenton or Veterinaire, your call.

Roissybus requires a special fare. You can't use tickets 't'.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM

You can use a homemade photo about 1x1 inch for the id card...doesn't require anything really official, just needs to show your face.

You've got the route planned well. The 2nd stop you mention looks the closest - you have to cross a small bridge to get to the hotel. Look at the 'plan du quartier' on www.ratp.fr to get a very detailed map of the metro location and the hotel (enter the hotel street addres and city-name).

I think the hotel is in zone 3; Versailles is zone 4, CDG is zone 5. I would use the C.O. zones 1-5 for Mon-Sun, incl. RER or Roissybus back to the airport. As I mentioned above, you can buy a 'carnet' of tickets for zones 1-5 to travel between Paris and the hotel the first 2 days - the question remains if these are also good for the Roissybus. If not, then just buy zones 1-3. Or buy one Roissybus ticket and a carnet of zones 1-3.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

im 17 and my friend going with me will be 18....so what im getting from your help is that i should buy the carte orange 1-5. and then get the carnet for the first two days (is that sold is zones, i thought it was just kind of a free for all thing) but the question remains for transportation to and from the CDG? thanks for all your help again!
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
ira

Hi M,

Buy a bus ticket for the Roissy bus at the airport.

Is there a reason why you are staying so far out of town?

www.tripadvisor.com has two reviews of your hotel, neither positive.

See www.ratp.fr for travel times and directions from your hotel into the city.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:44 AM
ira

PS,

>.my hotel is the Best Western Le Saint Maurice Paris Porte De Bercy
12 Rue Du Marechal Leclerc,....<

However, the metro stop you are going to is on Ave du General Leclerc - about 2km and on the other side of the river from your hotel.

I think you ought to use www.ratp.fr to plot your course. It will take you to the RER A Joinville-le-Pont stop.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:31 AM

No, it won't. It takes you from CDG to Châtelet-les-Halles via RER B, Métro Ligne 1 to Reuilly-Diderot, and Métro Ligne 8 to École Veterinaire.

From Opéra, it's a straight shot on Métro 8.

Both the RATP Plan de quartier and this map: http://www.cybevasion.fr/hotels/fran...rice_2514.html agree that the hotel is almost equidistant between the two Métro Ligne 8 stops mentioned above.

Why do you think the RER is better?
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

well we just found a cheap deal on the internet for that and a round trip ticket so we took it i realized it was a little ways out of town which is ok.....so am i ok with the metro stops on the 8 i mentioned?
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:59 AM

Yeah (have you looked at the map?)
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
ira

Hi Robe,

I asked www.ratp.fr for directions from Opera to the hotel.

It says to take the RER A from Auber (which connects to Opera) to Joinville.

The Best Western is at 12 Rue Du Marechal Leclerc

The Metro Line 8 is on Ave du General Leclerc, about 2 km South on the other side of the river.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
ira

Hi M,

You bought the airfare and the hotel as a package?

Do you have to stay at that hotel?

What are you paying for the hotel.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

yes, i looked at the map weeks ago, and that was the route they picked out for me, the one with the 8 line. and yes the hotel was part of the package its not much just like 70E.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:19 AM

That's funny. Maybe we're putting in the address differently. I use 12 Rue Du Marechal Leclerc, Saint Maurice, 94410 and get the results above. Ligne 8, no transfers.

Both of the maps I cited show the École Veterinaire station almost directly across the river from the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -