Search

Is singita worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
g2g
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is singita worth it?

Currently reserved in mala mala and simbambili, for a total of four nights, and now wondering if I should change one of the two to Singita? Can someone desscribe the difference?
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:32 AM

I wouldn't. Rocco has definitely been to both Simbambili and Singita. I have only been to Mala Mala - I keep going back and he is likely to go back to Simbambili, I'll let him add more.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:44 PM

g2g

I have been to Mala Mala,Singita and Simbambili.Is Singita worth it?

Well,this depends on your budget.If you are looking for the best value for your dollar...probably not.Will you enjoy Singita..absolutely!The suites at Boulders are absolutely amazing,the best in the SSGR by far.I found the game viewing at Singita similar to Simbambili.Food better at Singita.Wine better at Singita.

Mala Mala is a must as they have the best game viewing in the SSGR.

I am returning to Mala Mala and Singita in January as I feel this is a perfect combination of great game viewing(Mala Mala) and all round luxury (Singita).
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:14 PM

g2g,

In my opinion, having stayed at each Singita and Simbambili, I would NOT spend the extra money for Singita over Simbambili. Although Simbambili is not exactly inexpensive, it is a tremendous bargain in comparison to Singita.

Simbambili is luxurious enough for even the most discerning traveler. In my opinion, the slightly larger rooms at Singita, the wine cellar and the presence of the Sand River, which I understand is usually nothing more than a trickle, does not make Singita worth twice the price of Simbambili.

In my three nights at Simbambili, I saw at least five different leopards, including a 7 month old cub with her mother on a kill, a few rhinos, elephants, possibly over a thousand buffalo including a couple large herds that were 300+ strong, giraffes, lions and even a cheetah.

I absolutely loved the food at Simbambili and it ranged from fresh cooked omelletes made to order, to delicious french toast to chocalate croissants, to guava fruit, pineapple and more fruit to excellent dinners and tasty desserts.

Jaco at Simbambili is one of the top two guides I have had yet.

Take that extra money that Simbambili would have cost and invest a small portion of it and you may be able to get a private vehicle with Jaco as your assigned guide! I would guess that for the price of 2 nights at Singita in a shared vehicle you could arrange for 3 nights at Simbambili with private guide and vehicle.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM

>>>Take that extra money that Simbambili would have cost and invest a small portion of it and you may be able to get a private vehicle with Jaco as your assigned guide!<<<

Should have read:

Take that extra money that SINGITA would have cost and invest a small portion of it and you may be able to get 3 nights at Simbambili with a private vehicle with Jaco as your assigned guide!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:08 PM

g2g,

I have been to malamala more than a few times, and I have been to Singita, the last 2 Decembers, and will be there next month. My main focus is on gameviewing, and in my opinion, malamala is the best, hands down!
The room and the food at Singita is very good, and I find the gameviewing to be good. So I am very happy with these two choices. This year I am also trying Lion Sands Ivory Lodge and Londolozi Founders Camp (though waitlisted for Bateleur).
Have never been to simbambili, so cannot comment.
If it was me for 4 nights, and keeping in mind, I am obsessed with gameviewing, I would not be moving from malamala for 4 nights!

Kaye