Back From Tanzania with Good Earth

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got back from our holiday the first week in January, but just got a chance to upload photos recently.

We travelled with Good Earth for 8 days and Goodluck was our Guide - absolutely brill! We travelled with 2 German campers and Justin was their cook. We stayed in lodges and they were all fantastic!

Had the best time ever and will post a more detailed report when I actually type it up

See photos at http://markkrystal.multiply.com

Highlights:
so many adorable babies
mating lions (3 couples)
Lion roaring at us (kind of aggressively - because he didn't really like the vehicle beside us!) and he was mating, so really, who can blame him
lots of cheetahs
4 leopards!
3 black rhino!
baboons chasing cheetahs!!!
gazelle in labour!
3 lion stalks, no catches
Lions eating buffalo, birds
all of the animals together!
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Nice pics, thanks for sharing!!
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:03 PM
africnow

Great phots. Thanks. Joined the Multiply site becuase of the video!

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Wow good sightings, pls post your trip report asap,, Sonali.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Oh good, I'm so glad you had a good time. We were with Saidi but actually ran into Goodluck at one point on our trip. Jealous that you saw lions mating (though we did see ellies mating and previously saw leopards mating in SA, so can't complain!). Nice pics!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 04:52 AM

Thanks for sharing the photos--did a vervet really jump in your vehicle?! I can't wait for a full trip report!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 04:56 AM

Thanks for posting kstyle. Looks like you had a great trip. I look forward to your report.
Sherry
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 06:06 AM

Glad it was the best time ever! The website does a nice job of displaying the pictures. A good variety of sightings and shots. I especially liked the elephants near the fallen branches and the many half submerged hippos. A baboon and cheetah interaction would be fascinating.

I beg to differ on the "You ugly" description of they hyena. I find a certain attraction to these guys, but a nice photo nonetheless.

Welcome back.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 07:46 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos. I liked the giraffe threesome and it seems like you encountered some interesting vervets. The baby baboons looked well behaved though and the baby ele and baby hippo were so cute. For some reason I can’t watch the video

Karibuni nyumbani
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Hi, thanks for the photos and welcome home! I'm looking forward to your trip report.

Did Good Earth arrange your trip so that you shared your vehicle with the German campers? How did that work out? I ask because very occasionally people come to this board with questions about shared safaris. I didn't know Good Earth was willing to do that.

Glad you had a good time. What a magnificent country.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

The Vervet did jump into our cruiser! At a picnic stop in the Serengeti! Our Guide was using the toilet and another guide came to shoo it away! I was still in the vehicle and so was one of the German guys.

We weren't sure if it would just be us on the trip or us with another 2 people. But when we were picked up by Ndashy from the shuttle from Nairobi to Arusha, he told us that there would be another 2 people. We found out that they were ruffin' it when we were picked up by Goodluck the next day. It worked out really well - we all got along great and thanks to TJ (one of the guys) we found another leopard and a few more lions than we would have seen before. Plus, it makes more sense, environmentally, to have one less vehicle when possible.