Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hip's Costa Rica 2007 photos - Puerto Viejo, Arenal, La Paz, Osa

Link to trip report:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...amp;dirtyBit=1

Finally got pics up and posted!

I've mostly included the wildlife and "things we saw" photos to pare it down from all the silly, similar and "us" pictures for our personal album. Also, I'm oldschool so I actually print photos and make an album, so no labels on the photos here, sorry. Most are self explanatory and all are in consecutive order of the places we stayed.

If you see anything you want to know more about, or where/what it is, don't hesitate to ask!

Here's the link:

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp

Then enter:

e-mail: [email protected]
password: fodors

The best ones are near the end!

Old Jul 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Hip/ Loved the fotos, your daughter is beautiful! You have an eye for great detail. Quite a trip. Thanks for a wonderful report with equally wonderful pics!
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Great pictures, Hip, thanks for sharing. Love the one of the bat(?)!!
And one bird - a boat billed heron? Great sloth pics too. Hard to get them on the ground. We had some nice ones from Darien, Panama, when a Colombian sloth with baby on back took a looooonnnnnngggggg time crawling across the grass.
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Love the pics - awesome! Love the close-up of lulu, and the one with winky under alex's raincoat - too funny. Love the cat & crab stand-off as well. Really great job. Your daughter is so lucky to have you taking her to CR (well any travel really) - my dad did the same with me from a young age so I blame all my travels on him. Where was the pig from? Miguel?
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

parmt - Thanks for the sweet compliment about my daughter (I think she's quite beautiful too and the photos. Digital cams are great, now if I could just work on the lighting a little more...

glover - Thanks! I was blown away from how many sloths we sighted, especially the ones we were able to see close up! The babies are soooooo cute! Yes, that was our pet bat in the bathroom at BDC! Isn't that boat-billed heron cool?!?!

tully - Thanks! Technical difficulties on some of those dark ones, I need to work on that for next time. I'm an "auto" user only! We will definitely go back to the wildlife sanctuary. Lulu was pouting a little because it was raining and she couldn't cuddle very well with the rain poncho She's so sweet. My hippy parents gave me the travel bug too. We were fairly poor, but we had a VW van we travelled around the states and camped with. At some point my step-dad and his friend made a wooden boat that we would fish and camp on around the San Juans. They even saved enough cash one year to take us to Maui and Kauii where we camped. Gotta love it! Anyone can travel!
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM

May I ask how much the Animal Sanctuary was? From Bosque? We are returning to BdC next June and would love to add that to my plans. Thanks! Toni
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

parrmt - Sure, the cost is a donation of $20 for the sanctuary per person. They probably won't ask you for it, you will have to offer it. Plus, the normal x-fer rate from BDC to PJ, which I think is $25 round trip. We combined it with the dolphin swim, so I can't remember exactly how much the boat trip is, but expensive, maybe $90-$120...Since you've been to BDC you know how to meet people so don't be shy! On your first day ask around to see who wants to share the costs with you. Going with another couple saved us 1/2 the $, and combining the two tours saved a little more.

Have fun!