Fodor's FYI: How to Tip, 1st Edition
About This Book
You know that people depend on tips for their livelihoods, yet the who, when, where?and how much?of tipping too often remain a mystery. If you've ever wished the rules were spelled out in plain English, this book is for you.
TIP WITH CONFIDENCE AT RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS
Send the right message?to waiters and wine stewards, concierges and maids, golf caddies and tennis pros. Learn the standards of the industry. Use tipping as a tool when you need special attention.
DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE?OR A SPENDTHRIFT
Navigate cruises, resorts, and casinos like a pro. Reward cruise directors, fitness instructors, and card dealers fairly. Know who's not expecting a tip.
TIP LIKE A NATIVE WHEN TRAVELING ABROAD
Pick up on tipping customs worldwide at a glance?know what to give the people you count on, from your cabbie in London to your tour guide in Indonesia . Avoid faux pas
Pointers for tipping in transit. Real-life stories from tippers like you. Checklists, do's and don'ts. An easy-to-use chart for calculating tips. Web sites and other resources.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe