Greetings in Arabic
Click on a phrase to hear it, then repeat the phrase out loud.
Play the clip again. How did you do?
- Hello! marHaba!
- Good morning! SabaaH al- khayr!
- Good day! yawm saxiid!
- Good evening! masaa’ al- khayr!
- How are you? kayfa Haaluka? (m.) (kayfa Haaluki? (f.))
- Fine. bikhayr.
- Very well. jayyid jiddan.
- So-so. la ba’s.
- What's your name? ma ’ismuk?
- My name is… ’ismii…
- It's nice to meet you. saxiidun bi liqaa’ika.
- Goodbye. maxa s- salaama.
- See you soon. ’araaka qariiban.
- Goodnight. tiSbaH xala khayr.
- Where do you live? ’ayna taqTun?/’ayna taxiish?
- I live in Beirut. ’axiishu fi Beirut.
- This is my friend. haadha Sadiiqi.
- This is my boyfriend. haadha SaaHibi.
- This is my girlfriend. haadhihi SaaHibati.
- This is my husband. haadha zawji.
- This is my wife. haadhihi zawjati.
- Please visit me! ’arju ’an tazuurani! (m.)/’arju ’an tazuuriini! (f.)
- I had a wonderful time. laqad ’amDaytu waqtan jamiilan.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.