Greetings in Chinese
Click on a phrase to hear it, then repeat the phrase out loud.
Play the clip again. How did you do?
- Hello! Nǐ hǎo!
- Good morning! Zǎo’ān!
- Good day! Nǐ hǎo!
- Good evening! Wǎnshang hǎo!
- How are you? Nǐ hǎo ma?
- Fine, thanks. Hǎo, xièxie.
- I'm very well, thanks. Wǒ hěn hǎo, xièxie.
- So-so. Hái kěyǐ.
- What's your name? Qǐngwèn nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?
- My name is… Wǒ jiào…
- It's nice to meet you. Wǒ hěn gāoxìng rènshi nǐ.
- Goodbye. Zàijiàn.
- See you soon. Zài huì.
- Goodnight. Wǎn’ān.
- Where do you live? Nǐ zhù zài nǎ er?
- I live in Beijing. Wǒ zhù zài Běijīng.
- This is my friend. Zhè shì wǒde péngyou.
- This is my boyfriend. Zhè shì wǒde nánpéngyou.
- This is my girlfriend. Zhè shì wǒde nǚpéngyou.
- This is my husband. Zhè shì wǒde zhàngfu.
- This is my wife. Zhè shì wǒde tàitai.
- Please visit me (here). Qǐng dào wǒ zhèlǐ lái kàn kan.
- I really had a wonderful time. Wǒ zhēn shì tài gāoxìng le.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.