Looking for that perfect hotel for your European jaunt, but don't feel like emptying your wallet? Book one of these top chic-meets-affordable boutique hotels. Read more
When the mercury rises, travelers love to know that a great (and even decadent) swimming pool awaits them. And while most hotels and resorts have a pool (or several), some are simply way cooler than others. Here are 20 top places to plunge...
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues. Read more
The birthplace of skiing offers travelers much more than slopes and chalets. From art to food to outdoor adventures, fall is a fantastic time to visit this small country, when airfare and hotels are less expensive, crowds are gone, and changing foliage is a colorful addition to lake and mountain vistas. By Jess Moss
Whether you want to explore shipwrecks or see coral of every color, scuba diving is a great way to experience the underwater world. We've picked our favorite places to take the plunge, where there's also plenty of things to do on dry land to make a great vacation. What's on your diving dream list? Share your best diving destinations in the comments. For more info and tips, see How to Plan Your Scuba Diving Trip.
While it's prime time for a winter wonderland getaway (no coincidence that January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month) winter-sports enthusiasts know that half the fun of an outdoor adventure is relaxing and warming up afterward, whether chatting by the fire with some cocoa or dancing and having a drink with friends. So in the spirit of the season, here are our favorite apres-ski hotspots. By Fodor's Editors...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com