Andaz Maui at Wailea to Open Summer 2013
If there is one thing that the gorgeous coastline of Wailea, on Maui, could use, it's a little shaking up. The short stretch of resorts includes beautiful mainstays like the Grand Wailea and the Fairmont Kea Lani, but come summer 2013, there will be a new, modern player in town.
The Andaz Maui at Wailea will be the hotel group's first resort property and will sit along a 1.2 mile oceanfront beach path just a stone's throw from the area's main shopping center. With nearly 300 rooms and suites, including multi-bedroom residential villas, the property will speak to a younger, hipper crowd than its neighbors. It will also open LEED certified. The group has already spoken to their dedication to working with the local community for food and beverage on site. There will be two full service restaurants, one of which will be run by none other than Masaharu Morimoto, as well as poolside food and drink service, and a market that will sell local Hawaiian food and drink. They're also planning three on-site bars, a family game and media room, and an arrivals and departures lounge.
They also note their goal is to make guests feel at home, and as such, there is no front desk for check-in. Instead, a hotel staff member will check you in on an iPad in the lobby, offering you a drink as you stare out at the sweeping views of the ocean. There will be four infinity pools that lead down from the lobby to the beach, as well as exclusive guest access to tennis clubs, golf courses, and water sports. The hotel's spa will be intimate, but designed for return visits—ten treatment rooms will sit behind an apothecary-style entry which offers the chance for guests to create their own aromatherapy oils and other lotions and potions to take home with them. Personal concoctions will be saved on file so guests can order more, as needed.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Andaz Maui at Wailea
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com