Celebrity Cruises Debuts Pop-Up Restaurant in San Francisco
San Franciscans are in for a treat in November when Celebrity Cruises comes to town on November 14 and 15 with its pop-up restaurant. The cruise line will take over Stable Café on Folsom Street for two days in the hopes of encouraging foodies to try the line's award-winning "from-scratch" menus.
Celebrity was the first cruise line to prepare dinner at the famed James Beard House in New York City, which gave way to the idea to showcase the culinary talents of their chefs in other land-based locations.
Chef John Suley, Celebrity's director of culinary operations, is keeping the menu under wraps, but says it will include unexpected flavors, delicate textures, and of-the-moment culinary techniques. "Most people would not expect a cruise line to create a pop-up-style restaurant experience on land, or for that experience to offer such an avant-garde menu," Suley admits. "We will use a diverse range of techniques to offer guests a menu full of contrasts that harmonize with each other—with a special focus on local ingredients that celebrate the San Francisco area."
Reservations are limited, so book early. Lunch will be served during two seatings at 12:30 and 1pm and dinner reservations are available at 6, 6:30, 8, and 8:30 pm. Celebrity's pop-up restaurant will only be in town on November 14 and 15, 2012. Tickets are available online and proceeds go to the Celebrity Cruises Scholarship at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, where Chef Suley graduated in 1996.
Diners will be entered to wine a seven-night Alaska cruise for two aboard Celebrity Solstice in 2013.
Photo courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com