Fodor's Presents the Ultimate Beach Vacation Planner
One person's paradise can be another's nightmare. Take beaches for example—one couple might be searching for sandy stretches with beach bars and loud music while another is hankering for some secluded island time. So before you plan your vacation based on your second cousin's recommendation, take a moment to check out our upgraded and updated 80 Degrees Beach Finder.
Here's how it works: We ask you seven easy questions (What does your perfect beach look like? How do you want to spend your day?), and out comes a tailored-to-you list of ten perfect destinations. What's more, no two lists will be the same because we take into account your trip budget as well as wants and needs. Two users with similar interests but different budgets won't see the same destinations; Mayakoba and St. Barts, for example, won't show up for someone on a budget, because those destinations tend to be very expensive. So your list will be full of places you can actually go.
Launched this time last year, we've been working hard to add almost 30 new destinations to your potential findings. These 30 new beaches are well-curated expert picks, from Puerto Rico's buzzing Vieques and Ambergis Caye in Belize to Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and Kuna Yala San Blas in Panama.
"The Fodor's 80 Degrees tool intuitively guides travelers through the important planning questions and delivers trip ideas that match their travel personalities," said Arabella Bowen, Fodor's Executive Editorial Director. "With 80 locations, this tool aims to guide vacationers to discover new destinations based on their personalized recommendations."
Basically, we're here to be your personal beach concierge. I just took the quiz (again) and I plan to follow it like law: the Dutch island of St. Eustatius comes first, followed by St. John, Tulum, and Nevis, among others. There are worse to-do lists.
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com