Book It Now: Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp in Vegas
Future rockers, stop banging your head and instead channel your energy into jamming with the stars at the new Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp. Rock gods like Gene Simmons of KISS fame, Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe, and Sebastian Bach of Skid Row help out future rock stars rehearse, perform, and write music in the camp that lasts for three to five days.
The next five-day camp that takes place at the MGM Grand Feb. 14-18 features jam sessions with Alice Cooper, Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater, and Mike Portnoy of Adrenaline Mob. Rock star counselors will play in a band with students, who can also rehearse and perform live at the MGM Grand. Campers even get to write and record an original song and take home a DVD of their final performance.
Guests can either bring their own instruments or use the camp's stock.
The all-inclusive camp goes for $8,999 for five days and $6,999 for three.
Camps take place about once a month with the next scheduled for March 5-9 with Sammy Hagar of Van Halen fame (and more recently, of Chickenfoot) along with Eddie Trunk from That Metal Show.
Too much cash? Fans can sign up for Rock Star for a Day and get a two-, three-, or four-hour jam session with professional touring and recording musicians who played with the likes of Aerosmith, Slayer, Pantera, Meatloaf, and more. The jam package starts at $299 for a 90-minute session up to $5,999 for a four-hour session on the weekend.
Photo credits: Roger Daltrey sings with camper Danny Dzialo; Dave Navarro and Rudy Sarzo pose with a band of campers both courtesy of Box 24 Studios
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com