Sleek Swissotel Opens in Goa, India
Earlier this month, Swissotel swung its doors open in Goa, India. Perched in the coastal region of North Goa, India, in the town of Calangute, the hotel boasts luxury indoor/outdoor amenities like a lily pond, a courtyard pool, and an exclusive beach club.
Also inside the 135-room hotel—with the rooms and suites of varying sizes, and divided among eight three-story buildings—are three restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, and a kids club. Every inch adopts a modern vibe, with artworks by Indian artist Krsna Mehta in the rooms and public spaces, and a monochromatic palette of creams and grays accented by a signature red/white rug and a yellow ottoman in the lobby.
Although the hotel's spa, at the exclusive beach club on Calangute Beach, won't be unveiled until December, guests can enjoy the beach club (exclusive to Swissotel Goa guests). Three restaurants provide a variety of options to guests. At North Café, open all day with a buffet menu, the focus is on Indian fare with some European-inspired eats as well. North16 serves cocktails, plus snacks and fresh juices, near the pool. Grab & Go Deli offers casual meals like pizza, pastries, cakes, cappuccinos, and sandwiches 24 hours a day.
Just a few minutes' walk from the hotel are several nightclubs, restaurants, and bars, ensuring you can still have a late night out on the town while in a relaxed beach community.
To coincide with the opening, Swissotel Goa is offering a deal: stay two nights and get 25% off best-available rates.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Swissotel Goa
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1624 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $2639* & up -- Business Class: Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferrygo-today
- $699 & up -- Curacao Beach Resort & Casino Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in SummerRoyal Caribbean