Fodor's Yellowstone Guide Wins Award
Fodor’s Compass American Guides Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks was recently awarded the silver medal in the 2010 SATW Lowell Thomas Journalism Competition, the most prestigious competition in the field.
The judges had this to say of Fodor’s Compass Yellowstone:
"This guidebook is simply breathtaking. It is filled with the most amazing color photography that puts the traveler right in the middle of Yellowstone with a front-row seat to the beauty and challenges that await. Even the chapter on the area’s history includes beautiful old photos that show how earlier tourists enjoyed their vacations. But this book is not just about the photography — it is full of helpful and up-to-date details about sites to see, tours to take and places to eat and stay. It is well organized and covers activities that would appeal to the physically hearty and those less active. This book both looks great and features valuable information — what a winning guidebook should do."
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Everybody should make at least one trip to Yellowstone in their lifetime. To see all the incredible wildlife (bison, black bear ....) is a wonderful experience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $775 & up -- Hawaii 3-Nts. w/Air & Car; All Islands on SalePleasant Holidays
- $2639* & up -- Business Class: Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/AirTahiti Legends
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay FreeTahiti Legends