Top Travel Contributors of 2010
2010 has come and gone and we've been crunching the numbers to bring you the Fodors.com 2010 Top Travel Contributors. We've been wowed by your telling trip reports, felt extreme wanderlust (and jealousy) over your great photo submissions, and are thankful for all of your real-time, on-the-ground advice that has helped both newbies and old-timers plan their perfect trips.
Without further ado, here is the list of 2010 Top Travel Contributors:
Top Commenter: janisj
Janisj contributed a staggering 3,864 comments last year (that works out to over 10.5 comments a day, quite an impressive average!)
Top Topic Starter: justshootme
Justshootme started 168 new topics in 2010. From airport layovers to choosing between sights, justshootme relies on the expertise of Fodorites like you to help plan great trips.
Well Traveled Top Photo Contributors: Ann Forcier, bbobo, and Nicki Geigert
- Ann Forcier's photo "Café Rive Droit on a rainy Parisian evening" was a runner up in our France contest and her photo "Alhambra" was a runner up in our Spain contest.
- Bbobo's photos "May I help you with your chopsticks???" and "Dinner Anyone?!?!?" were both runners up in our China photo contest and her photo "Impossible to resist!" was a runner up in our Share Your Europe! contest.
- Nicki Geigert's photo "View of Lava Flow from the Air" was named the Grand Prize winner in our Hawaii photo contest. Her photo "Mosque of Abderrama'n" was also a runner up in our Spain contest.
All of our top travel contributors will receive a copy of Fodor's 535 Best Beaches and a Random House hardcover or paperback book of their choice.
Thank you to everyone for a great 2010. We're looking forward to the travel tips, advice, and photos that you bring to Fodors.com in 2011 and beyond.
Photo Credits: Alhambra courtesy Ann Forcier, a Fodors.com user; May I help you with your chopsticks??? courtesy Bbobo, a Fodors.com user; View of Lava Flow from the Air courtesy Nicki Geigert, a Fodors.com user.
You May Also Like
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
WOW! What a great surprise!
This is awesome.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com