Top 5 Best Columbus Day Deals
by Alex Basek
Looking for a last minute deal to hightail it out of town this weekend? Check out our top picks, for but don't despair if you have to postpone your escape—several offers are valid through the end of the year.
One of Chicago’s most luxurious hotels, the Park Hyatt, is dropping a $125 hotel credit for the restaurant or spa on stays of three days or more from now through the end of December. Note that pre-payment is required to get the credit, Rates over Columbus Day Weekend start at $455, and are available through December 30. Read our Park Hyatt Chicago review and see our Chicago Travel Guide for planning information.
St. Petersburg, Florida
St Pete’s Postcard Inn has a "Weekend Wipeout" special available on Columbus Day. Mega-restaurateur Steve Hanson’s first spin at the hotel business, the Postcard is a hip, modern take on a beach motel with all the amenities including in-room flat-screens, wi-fi and two restaurants. Rates on Columbus Day Weekend start at $87. The offer expires December 15th. See our Florida Travel Guide to help plan your trip.
New York, New York
The Trump SoHo—an underrated, year-old downtown hotel—is cutting rates by 15 percent for the fall. Rooms have some the neighborhood’s best views, looking straight up Sixth Avenue to the Empire State Building and Midtown, and the overall vibe is more understated than you’d expect. For Columbus Day weekend, rates start at $425 for a 450 square foot king room with floor-to-ceiling windows. Book by November 30th. Read our New York City Travel Guide for more on planning your trip.
Park City, Utah
Prices in swanky Park City, Utah don’t rise until later in the year when there’s a certainty of snow. In the shoulder season, offers like this one for the Sky Lodge are more common, but it’s still an impressively low rate for a luxe property that costs out much higher come winter. Book by October 15th to get two nights for the price of one. Rates for Columbus Day Weekend start at $216. Plan you trip with our Park City Travel Guide.
At one of the newest Ritz-Carlton properties in the US, guests get a $100 resort credit and a complimentary hike when they book a stay. The credit is good at any of the hotel restaurants or at the spa; breakfast is also included at the property, which is just north of Tucson. Rates on Columbus Day Weekend start at $339 and extend to December 31. For more trip-planning information, see our Tucson Travel Guide.
Photo credit: Virginia_Hong / Fodors.com member
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179-$239 -- 4-Star Fort Lauderdale Resort, Save $120The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- $1973 & up -- Galapagos Islands Escape w/Tours & BreakfastLatinEscapes
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $161-$186 -- Downtown 4-Star Pittsburgh Hotel, up to 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxesgo-today