Best Halloween Masquerade Cruises
By Linda Coffman
Looking for a different Halloween party atmosphere? Forget bobbing for apples and head out to the pier for a real water adventure. From coast to coast, nighttime cruises are taking fright-night festivities afloat. Get onboard for a spooky sailing.
Dance to old school hits and feast on the all-you-can eat appetizer and dessert spread during the 4th annual Halloween bash from Hornblower Cruises. Don't forget to take a break on deck—this three-hour cruise offers stunning city skyline views.
When: Oct. 29 at 8:30 p.m.
New York City
See top city sites such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and more while spending the evening on the HalloWeekend Cruise. DJs spin everything from Latin to 80s, and there's a free buffet plus drink specials. If the weather turns nastier than a witches brew, know the party is mostly indoors.
When: Oct. 28 at 7 p.m.
Sip a complimentary cocktail while getting down to Top 40 and hip hop for this Halloween cruise from San Diego Harbor Excursions. Instead of doling out cash all night for eats, be a VIP for an extra $20 and get two appetizers, front-of-line status at the bar plus two discounted drinks, and priority boarding. Plan your frightful attire carefully for a shot at the $100 prize for best costume.
When: Oct. 29 at 9 p.m.
Price: $35; $55 with VIP upgrade
Dress up in your Halloween best and win a prize on Portland Spirit's two-and-a-half-hour Halloween Boo Cruise. Energize with a light snack before departure so you won't lose steam while line dancing and doing the two-step.
When: Oct. 29 at 7 p.m.
Break out your blue suede shoes—or whatever your 50s fantasy costume might be—for this all rock-and-roll party aboard Argosy Cruises. Dance to the oldies till midnight during your trip on Elliot Bay, with the Space Needle looming above.
When: Oct. 29 at 9 p.m.
Spending Halloween in one of these cities?
Start planning your trip now with our destination guides:
Photo credit: courtesy Kira Okamoto / flickr
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com