Art News: Tel Aviv Museum of Art Opens New Building
The museum that holds Israel's largest collection of modern and contemporary art just doubled its exhibition space today with the opening of its new Herta and Paul Amir Building.
Designed by Preston Scott Cohen, the building has a soaring 87-foot-high atrium inside its light-filled entrance, as well as more than 40,000 square feet devoted to galleries, plus a new library and an auditorium.
The Tel Aviv Museum of Art's pre-existing main building, which held the Israeli art collection, as well as works of photography, video, design, and architecture, has become the museum's space dedicated to current exhibitions. The Sam and Ayala Zacks Gallery, previously used for rotating exhibits, now features post-World War II European and American art.
The museum is located next to the Golda Meir Cultural & Art Center and the Beit Ariela Municipal Library in Center City. Read our review of the museum here.
Heading to Israel soon? Get the best planning tips and more for your trip with our Israel Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com