Moscow's First InterContinental Opens; Hotel Indigo Planned for St. Petersburg
The InterContinental Hotels Group is zeroing in on the Russian market, debuting two properties within two years.
The InterContinental Moscow, located on the main street leading to the Kremlin, opened earlier this week with rates starting around $400 per night.
The modern, 203-room hotel is within walking distance to Red Square, the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and other top tourist destinations. It features 19 suites, a restaurant serving contemporary Russian cuisine, and P-Square Bar, named after nearby Pushkin Square. A spa is in the works for 2012.
Also next year, the hotel group plans to introduce its newest brand to Russia. The 119-room Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg Tchaikovsky will be housed inside a 101-year-old, 119-room townhouse located on Tchaikovskogo Street in the eastern part of the city.
The boutique hotel, which will include a restaurant and bar, is next to the Summer Garden and the Stieglitz Museum of Decorative and Applied Arts, and a short walk from the Hermitage Museum, the Russian Museum, and the Winter Palace.
Thinking of a trip to Russia?
For up-to-the-minute recommendations, planning information, and more, visit our online travel guides to Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Photo: Red Square, Moscow
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com