In Our Forums: Will the Costa Disaster Affect Cruising?
Our forums have been abuzz about the Costa Concordia disaster, and if it will impact the future of cruising. While there hasn't been talk of cancellations for upcoming voyages, everything from safety on board to how the tragedy will affect the European cruise market has been discussed.
"This will certainly dampen the enthusiasm for cruising, at least for quite a few people, says Fodorite Eschew. "Costa caters mainly to Europeans and is part of the Carnival-Cunard-Princess-HAL empire. The Concordia is relatively new, being launched in 2006."
Here's the latest news from around the web:
Has the sinking of the Costa Concordia affected your cruise plans? We'd like to know. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.Photo credit: courtesy STC4blues / flickr
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
No, but I hope this is a wake-up call to parents that leave their children run wild around the ship without any adult supervision. Maybe they will realize what a nightmare it would have been to not know where your children are. Ohter people may not help your children because they are already in a state of panic and your children would be totally scared and may just try to get back to their cabin and look for you or even hide there. Think about it parents.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2108 & up -- Italy: 6-Nt. 3-City Escape w/Breakfast & AirSceptre Tours
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% OffSheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% OffExpedia
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $2345 & up -- Tahiti: Exotic Weeklong Vacations w/AirPleasant Holidays