Find out the best way to see the sights in Cancun
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Thinking of a trip to Cancun? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Cancun Travel Guide.
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I've been going every February since 1993. Never expected to take in "sights in Cancun". My ALWAYS FULLY SATISFIED EXPECTATION was to escape the Michigan winter, refresh body, mind, and spirit with blue skies and sunshine, beautiful beaches, 20 shades of aquamarine stretching to infinity, breakfast buffets with mountains of fresh fruits & pastries, 30 choices among entrees, salads, & desserts at mealtimes, Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood, lazy afternoons punctuated by margaritas & pina coladas, taking the bus for $.60 to go shopping for silver and dancing out on the street. I've done all the day excursions and loved them. Chichen Itza is a must see My favorite hotel is the Grand Oasis---32 acres with minimal cement! Air from Detroit, all-inclusive 4 full days/nts Feb 2012 costing me the usual: $650.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com