Spring Getaway Deals in the Northeast U.S.
If this premature spring flush already has you dreaming of weekends in the country, we've got good news for you: Early-season savings on hotel stays make it a cinch to get out of town this spring (and if the weather continues on its steady incline, you may experience prime beach weather as soon as April!). Check out these spring discounts in easy-access destinations for Northeasterners: Nantucket, Long Island wine country, and Atlantic City.
Nantucket Island Resorts
Nantucket Island Resorts has launched their "Hot Dates, Cool Rates" promotion—a perennial favorite of ours. It means if you’re flexible with your travel dates and you book early, you can snag rooms for over 50 percent off at one of their six choice properties in Nantucket. Case in point: the White Elephant Hotel Residences, comprised of luxurious one- to three-bedroom suites (which, we kid you not, run for $1,650/night on July weekends) is offering up rooms from $350/night on select dates in April, May, and June. The Wauwinet, a lovely Relais & Chateaux property nestled in between the Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, is priced from $225/night for dates in early May; $275 for late May; and $295 for a block of June dates. Book any of the "Hot Dates, Cool Rates" and receive a dinner credit of up to $50, plus two $25 spa treatment credits. The Jared Coffin House and The Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin are also offering killer savings from $125/night and $175/night, respectively.
Book It: Call 800/475-2637 or visit www.nantucketislandresorts.com.
North Fork Wine Country, Long Island, New York
You can’t drive more than a mile or so on Long Island’s North Fork without passing a winery and its rolling vineyards. Spring is a great time to explore the area—also chockablock with farms, fruit and vegetable stands, and lavender fields—before the summer crowds and bachelorette buses roll in. The luxe Harborfront Inn, located in the quaint, maritime town of Greenport, is offering a great vineyard-hopping getaway through April 21. The "Grape Escape" package includes a Friday or Saturday overnight; a bottle of North Fork wine delivered to your room; a chauffeured car service for four hours to wineries Corey Creek, Lenz Winery, Raphael Vineyards, and Bedell Cellars; and complimentary breakfast. Rates go for $499 for two.
Book It: Call 631-477-0707 or visit www.theharborfrontinn.com.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
The beachfront Chelsea Hotel, the only non-gaming boutique hotel in Atlantic City, is a Jersey hot spot, thanks to its Fifth Floor bars and drink menu courtesy of the folks behind NYC’s (now closed) Beatrice Inn and Smith and Mills. Perhaps less known is its equally cool spa: The 10,000-foot Sea Spa comes with a saltwater pool and "Solarium," complete with a coed Jacuzzi, sauna, and steamroom, heated stone benches and bamboo floors. The "Sea Spa" package includes accommodations in the Luxe Tower or Annex, a $100 spa credit, and Solarium passes for two. Weekend deal rates go for $259/night in April and May.
Book It: Call 800/548-3030 or visit www.thechelsea-ac.com.
Photo Credit: courtesy Nantucket Island Resorts
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com