New Boutique Hotel in Panama City
Panama, one of our 21 Places to Go in 2012, is busy building—Trump Ocean Club, Hard Rock Hotel Panama, and Westin Playa Bonita are a few recent hotel additions. The latest is a fresh boutique in Panama City’s revitalized Casco Viejo (Old City). The UNESCO neighborhood is becoming a hot spot for boho-chic hotels, art galleries, buzzy restaurants, and tucked-away bars. The new Tántalo Hotel combines all four enticements.
Located in a former apartment building, the restored 13-suite property offers artist-designed guestrooms and inspiring exhibitions (like a 26-foot-wide live flora wall that stretches two stories high to the skylight atrium); Tántalo Kitchen, a lively communal-style tapas restaurant and lounge; and Enicma Roofbar, Casco Viejo’s first and only rooftop watering hole. Apartments-turned-spacious suites come with private terraces or balconies (overlooking the atrium courtyard or city and bay), sitting areas, and artsy adornments like photography, graffiti, or light boxes; some rooms have kitchenettes. Amenities include free bike rentals, Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, rooftop yoga classes, and access to a nearby gym. Tántalo Kitchen soft-opened in February; Tántalo Hotel opened March 16. Rates start from $200/night. www.tantalohotel.com
Thinking of a trip to Panama?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Panama Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Stuart Hooper
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com