Luxury Selman Marrakech Hotel Opening May 1
Located five minutes from Marrakech’s vibrant Medina, Selman Marrakech, an ultra-luxurious boutique hotel opening on May 1, is set to distinguish itself from the pack of other extravagant Moroccan resorts—both of the established and soon-to-debut variety. Marrakech is experiencing a veritable hotel boom, with 19 new hotels expected to open by the end of 2012. But only the Selman Marrakech will offer a band of purebred Arabian horses (with their own designer stable, no less), in addition to dreamy Moorish design, elaborate artisan craftsmanship, and 56 couture rooms by French designer Jacques Garcia.
A luxury Arabian dude ranch doesn’t quite sum it up, but guests can expect a gorgeous setting on 15 acres of horse-grazing park land in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, 16 Arabian steeds ready for riding, the nonpareil Espace Vitalite Chenot spa, and several dining and drinking options, including a brasserie, Mediterranean restaurant, poolside lounge, and Pavilion Bar overlooking the horse’s paddocks. Five riads (Moroccan-style one- and two-bedroom houses) come with their own private gardens, heated pools, and butler service. As of now, summer rates are going for $304/night for a Superior Room; $517 for a Deluxe Atlas Suite. www.selman-marrakech.com
Thinking of a trip to Marrakech?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Marrakech Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Selman Marrakech
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com