Book Stylish Apartment Stays and Local Hosts with Plus One Berlin
Whenever we travel, we’re always looking for the local slant—the underground hot spots that the tourists don’t know about, or that hole-in-the-wall bistro with phenomenal food. There’s really no better way to experience a foreign city than by indulging in some local flavor. Berlin’s new hospitality company, Plus One Berlin, allows you to do just that.
Along with smart, live-like-a-local apartment accommodations in Berlin’s up-and-coming Kreuzkölln nabe, near Kreuzberg, every guest that books through Plus One Berlin is paired with an in-the-know local to give them an insider's take on the real Berlin. Travelers can choose from 28 passionate local hosts (each has an online profile describing their interests, nationality, and profession) and either meet their "plus one" for advice, or schedule a three- to five-hour outing about the happening German capital.
Rates go for $160/night and include a designer, apartment-like room with kitchenette, balcony, and techie essentials (Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, iPod dock); one local outing for every two to three nights booked; an area map; a key ring for a 10-percent discount at nearby shops and restaurants; and a food or beverage treat upon arrival. For more information and booking details, visit PlusOneBerlin.com.
Photo Credit: courtesy Plus One Berlin
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150Expedia
- $359 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise w/OceanviewRoyal Caribbean
- $329 & up -- 3-Night Bahamas Cruise in SummerRoyal Caribbean
- $229 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $109 & up -- Oceanview Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 25% OffCompass Cove Oceanfront Resort
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd NtSheraton Centre Toronto