Palace Hotel Tokyo to Open Next Month
Where the old Palace Hotel once stood, near the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month – May 17 to be exact. Its 290 rooms, including 12 suites and a range of six types of guest rooms, the hotel will also feature a basement level retail area with 17 shops, ten restaurants and bars (from French to sushi and from sleek lounges to a bright pastry shop), and an evian SPA (just the second of its kind outside France).
One of the most enticing features of this much buzzed about hotel is its views of the iconic Imperial Palace – which are supposed to be visible from every room. The main entrance, which incorporated Aji stone walls to evoke the Imperial Palace's moat's stonework, is across the street from the East Garden's Otemon Gate, while the property itself is located next to the Imperial Palace's moat.
"This hotel is Japanese through and through, from its ownership and management, to its service protocols and its picture-perfect location by the Imperial Palace gardens and moats," said Palace Hotel Tokyo President, Takashi Kobayashi. "For domestic and international travelers alike, whether they're with us for business or leisure, we hope they will walk away saying, 'To have stayed at Palace Hotel Tokyo is to have experienced the very essence of Japanese hospitality."
The hotel is currently accepting reservations for dates May 17 and after. Rates start at $625/night.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Palace Hotel Tokyo
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com