Glenmere Mansion Calling All Spa (and Wine) Lovers
Glenmere Mansion is an intimate, Tuscan-inspired Relais & Chateaux villa with just 18 rooms in the Lower Hudson Valley. And they recently held a grand opening for their new, opulent 8,000 square foot spa, the centerpiece of which is a Carrera marble bath house and hammam.
This new bath house offers the chance to relax in an herbal steam room, dry heat sauna, Swiss shower, cool mist room, or aqua massage vitality pool. Hammam rituals—including a Turkish soap massage and Moroccan purification ritual—are versions of traditional treatments from around the globe. There are five treatment suites, with individual steam shower and soaking tub, while the spa suite built for two has a fireplace and side by side soaking tubs.
Every appointment includes light tapas before or after the treatment, along with organic teas and refreshments in the Relaxation Library. There is also a Moroccan-inspired salon for hair and nail services. Men can clean up nicely with "The Glenmere Man" treatment menu including classic massages, deluxe hand grooming (easier than calling it a "manicure"), or power pedicure.
Insider Tip: Glenmere Mansion also recently launched a Thursday evening wine series where the in-house sommelier and chef come together to create a meal around a certain theme, like "Wines of Italy". It includes three glasses of wine (not otherwise available by the glass) paired with three courses inspired by the wines of the evening.
Hotel rates from $650/night.
Thinking of a trip to the Hudson Valley?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Hudson Valley Travel Guide.
Photo credits: courtesy of Glenmere Mansion
Freelance writer Jessica Colley covers cuisine, culture, the arts, and experiential travel. She is currently based in New York City and called Dublin, Ireland home for several years. You can follow her on Twitter @jessicacolley or check out her "Writer in the Kitchen" series on her blog The Great American Travel Dream.
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com