Visits to Southfork Ranch Double with Premiere of Dallas Reprise
TNT's reboot of the popular 80's drama Dallas premiered on Wednesday to 6.9 million viewers, according to TVGuide.com, garnering the series the No. 1 scripted series premier spot for the year, and TNT the No. 1 basic cable network spot for the night.
While it remains to be seen where the Ewings' oil-slicked hijinks will take them this year, traffic has already picked up at the legendary Southfork Ranch near Dallas, Texas, where both the original and the reboot have been filmed. Janna Timm, a marketer for Southfork, reported to NBCDFW.com that the number visitors over the past few weeks has increased, numbering around 300 each day last weekend, up from 100-150 a day.
Southfork Ranch offers fans of the series old and new the opportunity to tour exhibits based on the series. The Ewing Mansion is available to visit, as well as an exhibit entitled "Dallas Legends," which includes such legendary props as the infamous gun that shot J.R., Lucy's wedding dress, and Jock's Lincoln Continental. Tours are available for the grounds, and visitors can eat at Miss Ellie's Deli, or browse the selection at two souvenir stores. Those who want an even more immersive experience can opt for a Chuckwagon Dinner, complete with tour of the exhibits, a tram ride, and a camp dinner featuring cowboy songs and ranch hand bards.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Southfork Ranch
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $775 & up -- Hawaii 3-Nts. w/Air & Car; All Islands on SalePleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Italy & France Cruise in SummerRoyal Caribbean
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150Expedia
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45%Expedia
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% OffSheraton Boston
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados