Sprinkles Cupcakes to Hit the Middle East
To the delight of homesick American travelers and expats, Sprinkles Cupcakes will soon be available in several Middle Eastern countries. The Beverly Hills-based cupcake purveyor has announced a partnership with international retail franchise operator M.H. Alshaya Co. to bring Sprinkles cupcakes to 34 locations in the Middle East, with its first unit in the region opening in Kuwait, in December. Now residents of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE can feast upon red velvet, ginger-lemon, and mocha cupcakes, among the tasty selections.
"Our cupcakes are a sophisticated update on an American classic and have developed a strong international fan base among overseas visitors," said Sprinkles founder Candace Nelson.
Sprinkles operates 10 locations in the US, including New York, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Known as a high-end cupcakery, Sprinkles has been producing the addictive mini-cakes since 2005. This year also saw the innovation of the company's 24-hour cupcake vending machine in Beverly Hills, which we're hoping will become a nationwide trend.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Sprinkles
You May Also Like
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
i live in the middle east currently and i love cupcakes and most of the time it is hard to come by great ones ... can't wait!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com