Four Seasons Takes Over Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti
In a move to expand into subsaharan Africa, Four Seasons announced yesterday a long term management agreement with Bilila Lodge, located in the Serengati National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. While the Four Seasons brand is now operating the lodge, it plans to upgrade and rename the property Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti this fall.
Representatives of the hotel brand indicate the the sensitive nature of the preserve is a priority to be balanced with guest experience, including wildlife observation, at the Serengeti property as well as two future destinations in Tanzania.
"The responsibility of taking over such an irreplaceable asset within the Serengeti National Park is one that we take very seriously," said Scott Woroch, executive vice president of worldwide development for Four Seasons. "This is an extremely rare opportunity for Four Seasons in that no other property of this size or scale exists, or is likely to ever be developed again in the Park. With the future development of a luxury tented safari camp in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and an exclusive beach resort on the island of Zanzibar, Four Seasons will offer some of the finest holiday experiences in Tanzania."
The hotel is comprised of 60 rooms, 12 suites, and 5 villas with views of the park, as well as a spa, outdoor pool, and restaurants. Elevated walkways connect the guestrooms to the main house.
Thinking of a trip to Tanzania?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice, check out our Tanzania Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com