News Stories Tagged Barcelona
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable for traveling con niños.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
Barcelona is filled to the brim with things to see, do, and eat, but so are the towns that surround it. Get a stunning change of scenery on one of these choice day trips from the city.
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion, set to open over the next two years. We hope the world is ready for this kind of luxury.
Be sure to check the concert schedule at the cathedral of Santa Maria del Mar in advance to reserve tickets.
Putting in the time to peruse stands at local markets can certainly unearth some winning on-the-road finds, though it often seems that most vendors are selling the same forgettable tchotchkes. The best place to search out memorable, quality items tied to your travels is oftentimes found in museum gift shops. Since you likely already plan to wander the halls of a local museum or two, tacking on a stop in the gift shop could easily take care of your souvenir needs in one easy shot. You’ll definitely want to spend a bit of time—and money—in our five favorite museum gift shops, outlined below.
Before you book a hotel in Barcelona, consider apartment rentals as an alternative lodging option.
At the Museu Picasso, Diumenges al Picasso (Sundays at the Picasso Museum) offers Sunday morning performances in the museum ranging from classical music to clowns.
Apartment rentals in Barcelona, Spain, offer savings over hotels. They're also often in neighborhoods local Barcelonins live in, so they have plenty of grocery stores and inexpensive restaurant options.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com