News Stories Tagged Belize
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime. But that doesn't mean you have to forego the dream of sand and sun—try these exotic beach destinations instead.
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities. But stick to those and you'd be missing out on all the totally unique food experiences the country offers up.
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches, Belize is having a moment. It's time to go, before it becomes chock full of tourists, instead.
Close your eyes and picture the rustic romance of waking up to a day of foraging, cooking classes, horseback riding, and lazing by the pool. Now read on to find our favorite farm stays around the world.
No one wants to take 'just another cruise,' so AdventureSmith Expeditions has announced the launch of a luxury 7-night round-trip cruise in Belize. The maiden voyage will sail in December 2012.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
During the off-season (May–November) in Belize, lodging properties often have walk-in rates that are up to a third less than advertised rates.
A night dive at Shark-Ray Alley in Belize is a special treat due to this biological event.
Fodor's 80 Degrees by the Sea is our new beach vacation finder that helps you discover your perfect seaside escapes by taking a photo quiz. Plus, it generates customized recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and sights. Start planning your getaway!
Hotels, restaurants, shops, and tour operators in Belize sometimes levy a surcharge for credit card use, usually 5%, but fees can range from 2% to 10%.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com