News Stories Tagged Halloween
Scary movies? Easy. Corn mazes? Child's play. The really spooky stuff comes with true, long histories—think the Salem Witch Trials and the remains of the California Gold Rush.
Freakish ghosts and terrifying ghouls are great, but there are heaps of gentler thrills for families with little ones. Whether its "punkin chunkin" or a wicked kids workshop, here are our top picks.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
We are so excited for Halloween that it was difficult to not use exclamation points in this story. But really, London is giving the US a run for its money in the amazing Halloween fun department.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com