News Stories Tagged Illinois
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, its America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low key charm that big cities can't match.
Feeling a little down on your luck? Was 2012 not your year? Check out our list of the luckiest places on earth, and maybe you'll turn your luck around in the new year.
Fall trips are for leaf-peeping, apple picking, and stopping to see modern sculptures in beautiful fields. (Duh.) These pinnacles of nature and art are some of America's most treasured outdoor exhibitions.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Chicago's boutique-hotel boom continues with the newly opened Ivy Hotel. It caters an urban eco-chic crowd with Lexus hybrid cars to get from spot to spot and iPads for check-in.
Get those picnic baskets and bottles of wine out. It's time to hit the great outdoors for the annual bevy of summer music festivals that take the country by storm, from Tanglewood to the Hollywood Bowl.
There’s a lot to see AND hear at Chicago’s Millenium Park this summer.
Chicago’s blustery winter weather is on the way out, which makes this killer offer even better. In honor of the city’s 175th birthday, all four of Kimpton’s Chicago hotels are offering discount rates for just $175/night for 175 days—plus party bags.
The Hotel Lincoln is on track for its scheduled early March opening date in one of Chicago's most popular neighborhoods, and will feature rooms with lakefront views, an all-season rooftop bar, and breakfast for guests from a popular, newly-opened restaurant on the hotel's ground floor.
Whether you're into painting, prints, photography, or fashion, major American museums from Los Angeles to Prouts Neck, Maine, are hosting exceptional art shows worth traveling for this year. We've picked the eight best, on now through the end of 2012, so you can plan ahead for art-filled weekend getaways from coast to coast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2449 & up -- Tahiti: Moorea 4-Star Weeklong Trip incl. AirPleasant Holidays
- $699 & up -- Curacao Beach Resort & Casino Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco ToursLatinEscapes.com
- $1089* & up -- Munich Late Summer Sale Fares, R/TLufthansa
- $329 & up -- 3-Night Bahamas Cruise in SummerRoyal Caribbean
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% OffFeatured Destination: Baltimore