News Stories Tagged Montreal
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival. (Nothing's really hot at that time, anyway, but you know what we mean.) We went, we saw, (we ate a lot), we conquered.
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the spot. From boutique-meets-outdoors Jamaica to charming, cool Montreal, this is where to book now.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
Montreal is a great escape, made better by its proximity—you'll feel like you're in Paris without the exchange rate and long-haul flight. And one of the best ways to explore the city is on two wheels.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
It's that time again—the Montreal Jazz Fest will bring more than two million people to town this weekend. Navigate it like an insider with this guide on what to see, where to eat, and where to stay.
Whether you go for the jazz festival, the art, or the poutine, Montreal makes for a fantastic, charming city break. To make it an ultra chic getaway, take these style cues.
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
Known for its jazz festival, chewy bagels, and guilty pleasure snack poutine, Montreal is one of the best places for a city breaks in North America. And now its time to discover its underground art scene.
With fall in full swing and the weather starting to chill, it's time to get your palette primed for hearty winter fare. Here are our top picks for the weeks ahead to give your stomach the workout it needs before the big Thanksgiving feast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97 & up -- Beachfront Myrtle Beach Family Resort w/BowlingCaptain's Quarters Family & Golf Resort
- $1555 & up -- Scotland 6-Nt. Bed & Breakfast Escape w/AirSceptre Tours
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $3664* & up -- Business Class to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/AirCheapCaribbean.com