News Stories Tagged New Zealand
New Zealand's natural bounty beckons travelers into the great outdoors. But that doesn't mean that you've got to rough it. These lodges combine Mother Nature with superb cuisine and plush amenities.
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
With the upcoming December release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, New Zealand will again be top of mind. Hunt down those real-life fantastical scenes on our Hobbit trail.
It should come as no surprise that New Zealand is a playground for the truly adventurous. We're not talking spirited hikes and jet-skiing here, we're talking 200-ft free falls and tandem hand-gliding.
Follow in the footsteps of J.R.R. Tolkien's Bilbo Baggins and discover the charms of Middle Earth with Crystal Cruises during a one-of-a-kind shore excursion in Tauranga, New Zealand.
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering. So why not do it on vacation? These are our top trips for feeling (nearly) invincible.
Close your eyes and picture the rustic romance of waking up to a day of foraging, cooking classes, horseback riding, and lazing by the pool. Now read on to find our favorite farm stays around the world.
Hawaiian Airlines announced that it will begin offering routes to and from Honolulu and Auckland, New Zealand in spring 2013. They'll be the only US carrier to offer routes direct from the US to New Zealand.
Heli-hiking, which essentially borrows from the heli-skiing concept—minus the skis or the snow—is quickly gaining ground as the latest bucket-list adventure trend. Here, a few spots where you can fly high on your next hiking trip.
New Zealand's Christchurch has been hit by several earthquakes over the past year but most of the city—and the Canterbury region—is open for business. We've got the scoop on the state of local travel with a brief summary of dining, lodgings, and activities.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com