News Stories Tagged Nightlife
If you're the type who doesn't get energized until the sun goes down, you'll love the after-dark atmosphere and legendary nightlife of these ten dark star cities.
Despite the fact that someone's got to drive home, Angelenos like to have a good time. And the fab and varied bar scene that spreads from the ocean to downtown is living proof of that.
Follow this tip for a relaxing evening out in Cancun.
Free one-hour beginner salsa lessons are offered nightly at 9.
You can visit the restaurant without paying the museum's admission fee. Try beer from one of Munich's oldest breweries, the Augustiner Bräu.
180 Panorama's 51st-floor patio is the highest in Toronto and is a great perch for enjoying the nightscape.
Peru's national drink is the pisco sour, made with a pale grape brandy—close to 100 proof—derived from grapes grown in vineyards around Ica, south of Lima. Added to the brandy are lemon juice, sugar, bitters, and egg white.
Vodka is drunk socially all over Russia to produce a state of conviviality referred to as dusha-dushe (soul-to-soul). When a Russian taps his throat, be prepared to join in for a round.
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend.
Get two Croatians together, and somebody's bound to introduce this distilled herbal or fruit spirit that makes up an important part of Croatian culture
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top Winery Restaurants Around the World
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- 14 Things to Do in Paris with Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $399 & up -- San Juan 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, 3-Nts. w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $181 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort w/Breakfast for Two PackageBeach Colony Resort
- $1999 & up -- Bali & Malaysia 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $520Tourism Malaysia / Sayang Holidays
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% OffThe Westin Copley Place
- $325 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort through SpringSheraton Waikiki