News Stories Tagged Vietnam
Yes, the words 'Vietnam' and 'road trip' might sound scary when put all together. But believe us, once you've made it out of bustling Hanoi, the countryside offers many multi-sensorial rewards.
Think French colonial-meets-local cuisine, picture-perfect scenes, and warm-hearted locals and you'll have no reason not to book it to Vietnam. Especially since we packed so well for you.
From the chaotic streets of Ho Chi Minh City to the cool interiors of a soon-to-be-abandoned temple (where my fortune was read), this motorbike tour brought us to the local level and was unforgettable.
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
Between Ho Chi Minh City in the South and Ha Noi to the North, is the slower-paced waterfront Hoi An. Dr. Vincent Lam, author of The Headmaster's Wager gives us his inside guide to Hoi An, where he researched his novel.
Susan Feniger's new book, Street Food, features recipes culled from her travels to Southeast Asia and beyond. So we caught up with her to chat about her favorite places, experiences, and tips. She threw in a sweepstakes for a trip to Vietnam for good measure. Read on (and enter).
Budget airline VietJetAir got into trouble this week after hosting an impromptu, bikini-clad dance party in-flight. They're being fined, but seeing that free teddy bears came with the show, some might say it was worth it.
Experience an oasis at the beachfront Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa, located near the South China Sea in a sleepy fishing village, some 120 miles from Ho Chi Minh City.
Southeast Asia is the new destination du jour for luxury-minded travelers who appreciate great value. Discerning travelers delight in Southeast Asia, where reasonably priced five-star hotels abound and indulgence is newly defined. With so many options, it can be a difficult task to choose the resorts truly worthy of your vacation dollars. Happily, we've narrowed down the dizzying array of choices for you: Indulge in the opulence of one of our five favorite extravagant escapes in Southeast Asia.
If you’re planning to travel during late January or early February, be sure to take the Tet Festival into account. Hotels are often fully booked far in advance, and many services are closed down for extended periods.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com