News Stories Tagged air travel
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. Some findings may surprise you; others certainly won't.
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamliner returns to the skies, starting with Ethiopian Airlines and United.
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
There's a new flight comparison tool in town, and it's focused solely on your happiness as a traveler. It's Routehappy's Happiness Score, which launched yesterday.
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Keep your eyes on the sky—Boeing's 787 Dreamliner is set to fly once again fairly soon now that changes approved by the FAA have been implemented.
Airline passengers have already begun feeling the effects of budget sequestration in the US today, with thousands of flight delays daily caused by reduced air traffic control staffing.
A Lion Air flight crashed this weekend in Bali, when it came up short of the runway and landed in the water. All passengers survived the incident, and only minimal injuries were reported.
Security researcher and private pilot Hugo Teso has claimed to have the ability to override a commercial aircraft's controls using a mobile phone. The FAA disputes his claims.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $769* & up -- Europe Late Summer Sale Fares, R/TLufthansa
- $829* & up -- Scandinavia Late Summer & Fall Sale Fares, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $103 -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Alexandria
- $1019 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise w/OceanviewRoyal Caribbean
- $2324 & up -- Italy by Rail: 8-Nt. Multi-City Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations