News Stories Tagged airlines
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
Keep your eyes on the sky—Boeing's 787 Dreamliner is set to fly once again fairly soon now that changes approved by the FAA have been implemented.
Airline passengers have already begun feeling the effects of budget sequestration in the US today, with thousands of flight delays daily caused by reduced air traffic control staffing.
A Lion Air flight crashed this weekend in Bali, when it came up short of the runway and landed in the water. All passengers survived the incident, and only minimal injuries were reported.
Samoa Air introduced a new fee structure this week that makes passengers pay based on what they (together with their bags) weigh. Will this be a new trend in the industry? Or will it stop there?
Southwest and Airtran are making travel easier for their customers by selling a limited number of destinations with connections on both airlines.
The FAA announced today that 149 control towers will be closed early next month due to sequestration-related budget cuts, with some regional airports on the chopping block.
United Airlines rolled out upgrades to the configurations on its premium service planes this week, including updated entertainment systems, lie-flat beds, and more.
The EU courts are ruling again on passenger protection, and this time the results are a mixed bag. The rulings touched on length of flight delays and passenger compensation, among other issues.
It's been a roller coaster thus far for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner—huge anticipation followed by major technical issues. But this week the FAA approved tests of new batteries for the aircraft.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com