News Stories Tagged airlines
Just 14 months after taking flight, Boeing's 787 Dreamliner has been grounded. Following a spate of incidents, some airlines voluntarily stopped operating the planes before the FAA stepped in.
We travel industry pros got an email this morning pointing us toward a countdown to "see the new American Airlines". What did we find? A branding redesign (the first since the '60s) as well as some upgraded plane components. Take a look—what do you think?
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner has been in the news for months thanks to endless technical hiccups. Read on for a summary of the plane's ups and downs, including three new incidents this week.
This year in news sure gave us plenty to talk about around the water cooler. From very special coffee ingredients to ex-con exploits aboard aircraft, we look at the year's craziest travel stories.
Air Canada is launching a new discount carrier, Rouge, set to begin operations in July 2013. They're hoping to capitalize on demand for leisure market travel, while keeping costs low.
Looks like Delta is eyeing London. The carrier is in talks to purchase a 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic, which would allow frequent flyer programs, revenues, routes, and market efforts to coordinate.
From Anchorage to Albuquerque, smaller airlines like JetBlue and Alaska, are ever expanding with new routes and services. Major airlines, however, are doing just the opposite.
Sometimes the specific destination comes second to the type of holiday you're after—beach, city, etc. The newly launched GetGoing.com brings heavily discounted airfare to match your wants, with one small catch.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
American Airlines' bankruptcy recovery efforts press on, with the announcement this week of four new international routes servicing Seoul, Lima, Dusseldorf, and Dublin.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com