News Stories Tagged airports
This year in news sure gave us plenty to talk about around the water cooler. From very special coffee ingredients to ex-con exploits aboard aircraft, we look at the year's craziest travel stories.
Steel yourselves, holiday travelers. If you plan to arrive or depart from any of our country's major airports this season, take a look at this infographic. And charge your gadgets, you'll be on the ground for a while.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
A far cry from the trailers of yore, the new terminal at Long Beach Airport offers a taste of local cuisine, upscale amenities, and all around comfort. Plus, wine stewards.
We know you don't need a glass of wine on your way to visit your loved ones this holiday season. We wrote this for your friend. Tell your friend to plan his or her layovers accordingly.
The holidays are a perfect storm of travel—crowded airports, winter storms, and high prices meet at once. Here are some tips for avoiding air travel issues and getting back on the go.
Nobody loves airport security—"shoes off!" screamed at you every 4 seconds. But with easily-falsified boarding passes, the TSAs PreCheck program, while convenient, might make for new dangers.
What's your favorite part of an airport? If that sounds like a trick question, consider getting delayed in one of these airports, which boast cool, unique spaces from a yoga room to a butterfly garden.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $2108 & up -- Italy: 6-Nt. 3-City Escape w/Breakfast & AirSceptre Tours
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular RoutesCharm City Circulator
- $229 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $1973 & up -- Galapagos Islands Escape w/Tours & BreakfastLatinEscapes
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/CreditsBookit.com