News Stories Tagged beauty
From the massive landmass of Australia to the islands of New Zealand, the South Pacific has many unique botanicals that are found nowhere else on earth. With their active lifestyles and increased sun exposure, Aussies and Kiwis understand the power of nature—as traveling skincare enthusiasts will quickly learn. So, the next time you’re Down Under, give your skin a break from surfing or trekking through the bush to explore some of the region’s top skincare products and wellness experiences.
Before a massage, a good masseur/masseuse asks about tender spots or areas in need of special attention; during the massage, he or she also asks whether or not the amount of pressure is right for you. Before giving you facials, scrubs, or the like, diligent therapists go over what will happen during the treatment, address your concerns, and note special requests—like being checked on during a wrap or being left utterly alone. Don't hesitate to let your therapist know your preferences, even if you aren't asked. The mantra of "no pain, no gain" doesn't apply to your spa experience. Assert your wishes, and you'll be sure to get to that "ahhh" place.
If an indulgent spa visit is your ideal romantic getaway, pick a place that truly specializes in making it special. Most spa menus include a couples massage, but some focus on creating an entire experience for pairs. Valentine's Day also usually means there are lots of specials for duos who book together.
From a creative, low-key start 30 years ago, the Sundance Film Festival has helped Park City blossom into a vibrant and sophisticated hub for artist and athletes alike. The annual film festival starts this Thursday, January 20 and our Sundance expert has rounded up the best things to do outside of the movie theater.
Are you en route to France? Be sure to stock up on these beauty essentials, which are difficult—if not impossible—to find stateside. For skincare devotees, there’s no better tourist attraction than the typical French pharmacy, where you’ll find rows and upon rows of neatly stocked shelves full of creams, potions, and other products dedicated to the pursuit of la beauté.
What better way to transition from everyday stress and routine into vacation-time relaxation and renewal? Guaranteeing you’ll get in means making appointments well in advance. To feel refreshed after a lengthy international flight, schedule a massage for as early as possible the day you arrive. Follow it with a snack, a sauna, and a nap, and you’ll be a whole new person. A salt glow or loofah body scrub is the perfect way to prep your skin for beach attire. A mid-trip pedicure will combat sightseeing fatigue. Spafinder.com links to all types of spas around the world.
Need to escape Walt Disney World, Universal, or SeaWorld? Head to one of Orlando's resort spas, all of which are indulgent enough to please any theme-park-weary parent, aching golfer, parched sunbather, or Disney—regardless of budget.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $84 -- Summer Sale: Myrtle Beach Hotel along the BoardwalkDriftwood at the Boardwalk
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% OffThe Westin Copley Place
- $2108 & up -- Italy: 6-Nt. 3-City Escape w/Breakfast & AirSceptre Tours
- $895* & up - London Nonstop Fares in Fall, R/TBritish Airways
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% OffCouples Barbados
- $109 & up -- Oceanview Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 25% OffCompass Cove Oceanfront Resort