News Stories Tagged caribbean
Its a playground for the elite, the birthplace of rum, and its home to the famously fantastic Oistin's Fish Market. Here's your trusty starter kit to Barbados—which doubles as a list of reasons to go.
Need an reason to go to the Caribbean? (Really?) Ok, well here's one you can't refuse—a sweet deal exclusive to Fodors.com from the Sandton Kura Hulanda Resorts in Curacao.
When you board an island-bound plane, your To Do list suddenly includes things like "try signature drink(s) from the Caribbean's best right-on-the-beach bars." Mission accomplished.
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches, Belize is having a moment. It's time to go, before it becomes chock full of tourists, instead.
Come August, trips to the Caribbean seem all but off the table for a few months. But with a sweet mileage loophole and a trio of islands outside the hurricane belt, that attitude is only for amateurs.
You've island-hopped in the Bahamas and hob-nobbed on St. Bart's, but you've probably never laid out on one of these stunning, secluded Caribbean beaches. Read on to discover the best of 'em.
Did you watch The Bachelorette finale last night? If not, be warned: spoilers within. The Curaçao resort that hosted Emily (and her big decision) is now offering packages inspired by the show.
Find us one island chicer than St Barts. You can't. Between celeb-spotting, sunbathing, and dining in swank eateries, you won't want to think about being anywhere else. Here's what to pack to look the part.
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
All-inclusive resorts promise hassle-free holidays in some of the most lush, sun-drenched destinations we can think of. With opulent amenities and thrilling activities, here are our picks for the ten best in the Caribbean.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820Apple Vacations
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $1222 & up -- Ecuador: 5-Nt. Amazon Rain Forest Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $359 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise w/OceanviewRoyal Caribbean
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600Featured Destination: Japan
- $519 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, R/T New OrleansAmerican Express Travel