The Caribbean isn't all about five-star resorts. Often, you may want to save a bit of your vacation cash to eat in elegant restaurants or to shop for the perfect gift. Saving money in the Caribbean doesn't have to mean sacrificing comfort. Sometimes it just means going to a cheaper island, such as the Dominican Republic, Saba, or Dominica. But there are some unique inns and resorts in the Caribbean, where you can sleep for much less and still have a great time.
Tired of being cooped up inside? Escape winter and head where the grass really is greener. Here are just a few of our favorite places to exercise our clubs in Mexico, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Florida.
We love to talk about travel—and so does the huge online community of travelers who visit our site daily. Yet through all the thoughtful discussion that goes into creating our guidebooks, only a few properties are recognized with the special Fodor's Choice designation. Here are Hawaii's best of the best hotels, resorts, and inns.
Whether you're contemplating a romantic escape or a singles getaway for Valentine's Day, Los Cabos makes the perfect long-weekend destination. Here's what you need to know about where to stay and what to do.
Everyone knows that you pay a premium to fly to warmer climates when it's cold at home. That's why the winter season is the high season in so many tropical places. But you don't have to spend a fortune to have a successful and fun winter escape. Here are six tips for planning a trip that won't break the bank.
In the fourth of a series of articles about travel to Mexico, Fodor's Editor Kelly Kealy talks about a recent trip to Michoacán state.
In the third of a series of articles on travel to Mexico, Fodor's editor Eric Wechter heads to Puerto Vallarta and discovers Mexico's safest bet.
School will be back in session shortly, so if you haven't gotten your beach fix with the kids this year, now's your chance. Here are the best family-friendly beaches scattered along the West Coast.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
Some shores are blessed with snow-white sand, some with an abundance of shells. Others have golden sands perfect for sandcastle-building or sea turtle nesting. Still others are superior spots to swim, snorkel, surf, or fish. Almost all of them make great places for people-watching. Ready to join the sun-and-sand set? Here's a round-up of Florida's best beaches in six categories.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com