News Stories Tagged literary
Paula McLain, author of The Paris Wife discovered that, despite some fears that it would have been long gone, the Hemingway's Paris is alive, well, and easy to find.
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to get his picks for the best wine regions to travel to right now.
On a writer's retreat in Malta, British author Jo Baker was inspired to write her newly released novel, The Undertow. Exclusive to Fodors.com, Baker shares her ideal day on the island.
Mystery author Martin Walker is often asked for vacation tips in the area where his bestselling series, about a police chief in the Dordogne, is set. Just in time for summer, Walker shares his itinerary for an ideal vacation in this picturesque region.
Fodor's recently caught up with actress Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) to talk about her travel passions, which range from the colorful, frenetic streets of India to the bucolic countryside of France's Auvergne.
Jim Lynch, author of the just-released novel Truth Like the Sun, shares his itinerary for a perfect day in Seattle, from wandering around scenic Green Lake to exploring the music clubs of Pioneer Square.
This NYC walking tour, just under two miles long, lets you walk in the footsteps of literary giants, exploring the Village's maze of streets. Poets, playwrights, and novelists have been drawn to this neighborhood since the early 1900s, staking out their own personal literary terrains in this creative and cultural hub.
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds herself in complex web of intrigue. The novel is set in Luxembourg, an international banking center and the world’s only grand duchy. Here, Pavone shares his top recommendations for places to visit in the country.
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, released March 11 in a new film version. Here are the best places around Haworth to explore the dramatic landscapes and quiet corners of Brontë Country.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com