News Stories Tagged sights
Teddy Roosevelt's Elkhorn Ranch, Joe Frazier's Philadelphia gym, Princeton Battlefield, and a nearly 200-year-old village made the list, which means they're in danger of being abandoned.
Whether or not you aspire to be a Kennedy or a Trump, no trip to Palm Beach would be complete without a little mansion oggling. So we put together a walking tour dripping with riches.
We know you've seen (and swooned over) the new Great Gatsby trailer. But we're upping the ante with this full-on Gatsby-inspired itinerary on Long Island's "Gold Coast." You're welcome.
So, you've been to Italy. You've criss-crossed the streets of Florence, the canals of Venice, and the sights of Rome. Now it's time to make deeper cuts: here are four less-traveled destinations to hit next.
Win the Best Parent Ever award; book play time with the seals for your kids at the New England Aquarium
Want to make your day at the aquarium really special for the kids? Call ahead for a reservation to play with the seals! For $45, kids 9 and up can go behind the scenes and help feed and entertain the seals.
Purchase your tickets in advance online (esbnyc.com). You can't skip the security line, but you can skip to the front of both this line and the line for elevators by purchasing an Express Pass for an extra $45—if time is tight, it guarantees you'll get to the observation deck in twenty minutes.
A surprisingly peaceful spot, St. Mary's Square has a couple of small, well-kept playgrounds, perfect for a break from the hustle and bustle of Chinatown.
One of the best views in the city is from the glass elevators at the Westin St. Francis Hotel—and best of all, a ride is free. Zip up to the 32nd floor for a bird's-eye view; the lights of the nighttime cityscape are particularly lovely.
If you plan to see an IMAX show as well as check out the aquarium, buy a combo ticket; you'll save $3.95 for the adult ticket.
Reserve a lunch table at the aquarium's Portola Café, perched on ocean's edge. Otters and other sea creatures often frolic just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com