VietJetAir Hosts In-Flight Bikini Dance Party, Gets Fined
Budget airline VietJetAir got into some trouble with officials this week when, in celebration of its new service from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang, it treated passengers on the inaugural flights to a "sexy Hawaii dance" by beautiful young women dressed in bikinis and sarongs who the airline stated were flight attendants.
And to think, 'entertainment' on most airlines I fly is a Nicholas Sparks movie.
The women performed their dance and passed out souvenir teddy bears to passengers. (The teddy bears thing confused us, too.) While photos on the VietJetAir site show a VERY appreciative group of passengers, Vietnamese officials were not so thrilled. According to a report on Vietnamnet.net, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam levied a VND 20 million ($960 USD) fine on the airline for "organizing [an] unapproved show on a plane." Passengers had recorded the show on camera phones, but since the plane was at cruising altitude, and the phones were used in movie mode only, there was no violation of aviation safety regulations, according to the article.
Well, unless you count sexiness a safety issue.
Photo credits: Dance party-free empty flight cabin via Shutterstock
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com