W Hotel to Open in Singapore
Debuting on Sept. 16, W Singapore-Sentosa Cove brings to Singapore the cool, posh perks the W chain is known for, as well as a few signature amenities, like the fact that it's on a private island (Sentosa Island) off the city's Southern tip. (As this is just five miles from Singapore's business district, can we say Singapore Fling?)
Inside the 240-room hotel, pegged as a great little escape from bustling Singapore for travelers and locals, are the hotel chain's AWAY Spa and WET outdoor pool, as well as "munchie boxes" (W-speak for mini bars) in each room. It's designed by Rockwell Group, which has become a darling in the hospitality-design world with properties like the recently opened W Paris Opera, W's first property, the W New York (which opened in 1998), and Nobu Restaurants around the world. At this particular hotel, edgy design integrates with a relaxed island vibe. For example, graphic patterns and colors are juxtaposed on the waterfall at the entrance. Behind the welcome desk is a glittery, gold-flecked wall with a huge W in the center. Singapore's national flower (the Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid, of course) infuses all rooms with its scent. Rosewood was chosen as a design element throughout much of the hotel.
The Kitchen Table (all-day dining featuring Chinese, Japanese, and Indian fare) and SKIRT (specializing in steaks prepared on a parilla grill, along with fish and organic produce) are W Singapore's two culinary destinations, in addition to the poolside fare at WET. Cocktails are crafted at WOOBAR to the tune of music spun by a DJ. As the hotel is nestled in The Quayside Isle, waterfront dining at several local restaurants is another option. Rooms (covering four categories) feature WiFi and floor-to-ceiling windows so you don't feel guilty holing up inside for a spell (the view of the marina and South China Sea is amazing). Some suites have their own pool for the ultimate secluded getaway. The balcony attached to 'Fabulous' rooms offer a pitch-perfect panorama of the nearby metropolis (Singapore) and the beach (the island) wrapped into one. There's even a cute little purple and white couch calling your name.
Photo credits: Courtesy of W Singapore Sentosa Cove
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com